If you have either Type 1 or T2 Diabetes we are very happy to welcome you to our diabetes clinic.
We support those who manage their diabetes with
: Oral medication
: Insulin treatment
At Hilltops medical centre we provide a complete service for assisting you with the decisions you make in relation to your diabetes. Our aim is to support you in managing your diabetes with appropriate advice and action planning discussed together at your appointments.
The diabetes team includes:
- GPs Dr Field and Dr Maddipati, who have a special interest in diabetes.
- Munira Khimani - Nurse Practitioner, Lisa Brett - Diabetes Nurse
- Health Care Assistants Sylvia Cranston, Avril Thompson, Nick Chana, Zoe Maddigan
- Administration Team: Emily Thompson-Courtney, Saffia Barton, Esther Webb and Zoe Halliday
You will be invited to attend reviews twice a year as routine and further appointments can be arranged if required.
If you require any further advice related to the services we provide please feel free to ask at reception.
Routine asthma checks can deal with:-
- Problems with asthma
- Medication reviews
- Inhaler technique
- Children or adults: advice on how to manage asthma
Our Asthma Nurses can also deal with emergency Asthma attacks.
Patient Information Leaflets
Asthmatic patients may find the information and instruction leaflets for inhalers below useful:
How to use an Aerochamber (multi breath)
How to use an Aerochamber (single breath)
How to use a Accuhaler
How to use a Breezhaler
How to use an Easyhaler
How to use a Genuair Inhaler
How to use a HandiHaler
How to use a Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI)
How to use a NEXThaler
How to use a Respimat Soft Mist Inhaler
How to use a Turbohaler
We are a team of community nurses who provide skilled nursing care for patients who are housebound or have a specific need which makes a home visit essential.
In order to provide you with the best care the nursing team may refer you to other appropriate agencies.
Availability:- Daily 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday- The team can be contacted at other times by calling MKDOC on 01908 201022.
Health Visiting Team
The Health Visiting team are accessible to families with young children aged up to 5 years. Together with the doctors they are responsible for Child Health Surveillance. Availability:-
- Telephone Mon-fri 9am - 10am or 4pm - 5pm - leave a message for non urgent advice and one of the team will return call as soon as possible.
- Well baby clinic - Thursdays 2-3.15pm at Robin's Children's Health Centre, Heelands, Glovers Lane, MK13 7QL
- Home visits and child development screening by appointment only.
Please see updated drop in information Health Visitor Drop Ins September 2013
The practice runs a Minor Operations Clinic and can see patients with the following requirements:
- Diathermy and Cryocautery
- Contraceptive Implants and Coils
- Minor Operations
- Joint Injections
- Mole Removal
- Nasal Cautery
- Sebaceous Cyst Removal
The practice runs minor injury clinics that can see patients with the following minor injury, saving a trip to A&E
- Sprains; hands, arms, legs, feet
- Minor Bruises
- Minor Burns; scalds, blisters
- Lacerations and Minor Head Injuries; bump to your head, cuts, wounds, scratches
Other Clinics / Services
- Physiotherapist Specialising in musculo-skeletal problems. Must be referred by your GP.
- Childhood Immunisations
- Flu Immunisation Clinics
- New Patient Registration Checks
- Practice Nurse Clinics
- Blood Pressure Clinics
- Smoking Cessation